What to add to community tank?

Sal

So I am beginning the process of upgrading my 55 community to a 120 community, and I am already daydreaming of what to add...
Sorry if this kind of post is annoying.  🤣

We so far have:
4 angels
1 big common pleco 
8 Buenos Aries Tetras
6 Panda Cories

We are considering:
Honey Gourami or other dwarf gourami?
Bolivian Rams (would these live well with angels?)
Platies
Loaches (hillstream or khuli or maybe dojo?)

There are too many options, and I want them all.  🤪

14 minutes ago, Sal said:

So I am beginning the process of upgrading my 55 community to a 120 community, and I am already daydreaming of what to add...
Sorry if this kind of post is annoying.  🤣

We so far have:
4 angels
1 big common pleco 
8 Buenos Aries Tetras
6 Panda Cories

We are considering:
Honey Gourami or other dwarf gourami?
Bolivian Rams (would these live well with angels?)
Platies
Loaches (hillstream or khuli or maybe dojo?)

There are too many options, and I want them all.  🤪

Honestly, you could probably get away with any of those options, but the common pleco and the angels are holding you back a little. So I would go with the honey gouramis (if the angels don't bother them) and platies. If your pleco gets along well with your cories so far, do more cories too. I also agree with @Colu on their suggestions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Honestly, you could probably get away with any of those options, but the common pleco and the angels are holding you back a little. So I would go with the honey gouramis (if the angels don't bother them) and platies. If your pleco gets along well with your cories so far, do more cories too. I also agree with @Colu on their suggestions.

So far the Pleco has been very docile and doesn't seem interested in any of the other fish at all, he never bothers the cories that I've seen.

The angels are so far getting along with everyone, but (of course) do get a bit cranky when they have eggs.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sal said:

So far the Pleco has been very docile and doesn't seem interested in any of the other fish at all, he never bothers the cories that I've seen.

The angels are so far getting along with everyone, but (of course) do get a bit cranky when they have eggs.  

Okay then yeah I would add more cories and you might even be able to get away with some kuhli loaches as long as you have a good sand. Cories also like sand, so that would be an added bonus. If you don't, and have gravel instead, I would recommend a thin layer of pool filter sand (make sure to wash well!) over the top of the gravel for the cories and kuhlis to play in while also providing a base for the plants.

• Like 1