trouble anchoring small plants down

I have some guppy grass and some small pieces of Rotala Colorata and i have having problems getting them to stay down. I know guppy grass can just float around but I have an area I would like them to stay at in my tank.

Was wondering if this would be an ok idea or would it just kill the plant starts.
I was thinking of using very small amounts of the super glue gel and attaching a small piece of gravel to them, just enough to hold them down and hopefully they will put roots down that way.

Thoughts? Opinions? Better ideas?

I've seen folks use rocks, weights, holes in wood, holes in shells, string, mesh...you name it.... I have my kid hold it there a week....j/k All depends where and what for what works best.  Right now I growing my ludwigia repens and when I trim it i try to get the pieces into the substrate...if not they get tangled and eventually grow roots.

I am having a similar problem with my staurogynes repens. I don't use CO2 and the fish kept digging it up. I eventually settled on a bit of super glue on some rocks and buried them. They've been this way for about 2 weeks and they seem to be responding well to this treatment. I use nil cog root tabs and easy green & easy carbon - So far so good! Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

A friend of mine does use superglue to solve that problem. He  uses just a little bit of it on a small side portion of the stem plant  around the bottom of it and then rolls it on a plate on which he placed some of the dry soil he has left over. When he places the plant in the aquarium the glue hardens instantly and the small clump of soil works like a weight which he claims makes it easier to anchor the plant. He swears by it but I've never actually tried it.