Made the Trip to Aquarium Co-Op

Drive almost 2 hours to y’all and you guys didn’t disappoint! Staff was knowledgeable, store was as advertised! Finally seeing Murphy after all these years was a treat also! Can’t wait until my next big purchase! Also seeing that 3 gallon tank has set me up for another project 😀

Added 8 more Chili Rasboras, couple Pygmy Cory dorado to the 75! 

image.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, James Black said:

I thought this was going to be one of those "I came in to get food, I cam out with a 300$ recepit" posts. 

Haha I mean I was supposed to go up there for food and just the Pygmy cats, so I did spend more than I should have and added to the tank. 

I was just up there too for the first time in person.  I only bought what I came for, mostly because I'm not physically prepared for impulse purchases.  I did leave wanting like 8 more tanks and the demo tanks were awesome.  the dwarf rice fish were way cooler than I thought they would be.  I want a desktop tank with those guys now.  photos and youtube just don't do most of the fish I saw justice.  I never got the guy's name but the employee that I was talking too was awesome too. 

22 hours ago, Robert said:

@ND1990this is the kind of review I love seeing! Nice tank too, I love the plants! Thanks for coming down today, I know a 2 hour drive can be a bit much but we at the store very much appreciate this. 🙂

Robert

Thank you! It’s far but worth it! 

15 hours ago, CT_ said:

I was just up there too for the first time in person.  I only bought what I came for, mostly because I'm not physically prepared for impulse purchases.  I did leave wanting like 8 more tanks and the demo tanks were awesome.  the dwarf rice fish were way cooler than I thought they would be.  I want a desktop tank with those guys now.  photos and youtube just don't do most of the fish I saw justice.  I never got the guy's name but the employee that I was talking too was awesome too. 

Same here wish I got his name to give him his credit, he was great. Their 3 gallon tank is awesome and simple I’ve already got everything ready to buy haha. You can tell the difference between a company who sells fish and everything for the money and who takes pride in the hobby. 

When I read these posts and see videos of the store, I get jealous! The main LFS that I go to is OK, but doesn't have near the selection! It's old, and the store is large, but also has sections for salt water, lizards, turtles, etc., and ponds. They do have a cool giant gourami there that greets customers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to visit the brick and mortar store.  Yes it's 3 hours away, I'm in Portland, Oregon, but I'm happy to make a day trip of it.  I've loved all the plants and dry goods received and the educational videos.  Can't wait to see all the fish!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing.  Gorgeous aquarium.  Very nice.

I too was thinking about driving to the store, but when my GPS said 1 Day and 14 hours.   I changed my find.  Lol.   
Again...   very nice tank.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Brian said:

Thanks for sharing.  Gorgeous aquarium.  Very nice.

I too was thinking about driving to the store, but when my GPS said 1 Day and 14 hours.   I changed my find.  Lol.   
Again...   very nice tank.

Thank you! I actually got rid of that tank last week. Upgraded to a 125. Can’t wait for all the plants to finally come in this week! 

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 2:47 PM, ND1990 said:

Drive almost 2 hours to y’all and you guys didn’t disappoint! Staff was knowledgeable, store was as advertised! Finally seeing Murphy after all these years was a treat also! Can’t wait until my next big purchase! Also seeing that 3 gallon tank has set me up for another project 😀

Added 8 more Chili Rasboras, couple Pygmy Cory dorado to the 75! 

image.jpg

Awesome! What is the large plant in the center called?