What’s Your Go-To “Basic” Dry Fish Food?

Fish Folk

2 hours ago, Brandy said:

I feel like Hikari vibrabites are a good size for most of my mid-sized fish, but all the little ones (guppies) get Fluval Bug bites flakes. I also have Hikari Cichlid Gold for the Acaras. 

None of these are particularly cheap, but I found out I am wicked allergic to some of the ingredients in other food. I am sure they work fine for the fish, but I would like to not die, sooo...I read labels religiously and if there isn't a clear list of ingredients I just assume it is a nope.

Woah. Any idea what that ingredient that you're allergic to is? Something like a shell fish allergy?

12 minutes ago, CT_ said:

Woah. Any idea what that ingredient that you're allergic to is? Something like a shell fish allergy?

blood worms. It started with frozen, but even just the water out of the tanks I had fed was enough to have my face swelling and my skin and throat itching. Even being in the room while someone else fed it to a tank 6 feet away. I am very careful to avoid that ingredient, though I am not positive that dried would cause the same reaction. 10-15 years ago it did not affecct me, this was new this year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brandy said:

blood worms. It started with frozen, but even just the water out of the tanks I had fed was enough to have my face swelling and my skin and throat itching. Even being in the room while someone else fed it to a tank 6 feet away. I am very careful to avoid that ingredient, though I am not positive that dried would cause the same reaction. 10-15 years ago it did not affecct me, this was new this year.

The freeze-dried blood worms trigger my allergies something awful. The frozen ones are fine, but the freeze-dried ones just kill me.

• Sad 1