sword plant thread

Lemon

I’m not sure what swords I have in my 75G but the one on the right with the runner is planted in the back 1/4 of the tank and it’s leaves will touch the front glass. There are a total of three in this tank and they take up the entire back of the aquarium.0A9C87B9-678F-43AB-B951-458ED9733613.jpeg.6f2530f4282fa9aa8613bd18c5c7d331.jpeg

• Like 3

My book claims up to twelve inches for the Red Flame, but then again it also only claims ten inches for my Ozelot Green, and it got to sixteen inches before I trimmed it back. As long as you leave some of the smaller leaves you won't have any problems if you trim the tall leaves back to the rosette.You can even cleave the rosette in the middle and turn it into two plants without problem and propagate it that way, they fill out again within time. My Red Flame currently is only around eight to nine inches, so still within given stats.

My amazon swords are not doing too well, I just placed some root tabs underneath them so hopefully they grow. Here you can see how they look when aren't doing so well. The swords are on the right btw this tank isnt done yet so there are much fish or plants in it yet.

IMG-6358.jpeg

On 2/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, swivvr said:

My amazon swords are not doing too well, I just placed some root tabs underneath them so hopefully they grow. Here you can see how they look when aren't doing so well. The swords are on the right btw this tank isnt done yet so there are much fish or plants in it yet.

IMG-6358.jpeg

that's a nice looking anubias and piece of wood 

On 2/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, swivvr said:

IMG-6358.jpeg

Did you just plant them? I have some small red flame swords I just planted that look about that same, and I think it's just the melting process. 

On 2/19/2021 at 8:00 PM, Jennifer V said:

Did you just plant them? I have some small red flame swords I just planted that look about that same, and I think it's just the melting process. 

I had them in another tank for a month and moved them here and its been a month. They have been abused a lot. 

I have an ozelot sword that's pretty happy in my 20 gallon long tank.  The leaves touch the glass on front and back, and reach the surface of the water.  It's been sending up shoots with numerous blooms, which then turn into baby plants.  I just noticed the third shoot a few days ago.

1228201210_HDR.jpg

0207211132_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JettsPapa said:

I have an ozelot sword that's pretty happy in my 20 gallon long tank.  The leaves touch the glass on front and back, and reach the surface of the water.  It's been sending up shoots with numerous blooms, which then turn into baby plants.  I just noticed the third shoot a few days ago.

1228201210_HDR.jpg

0207211132_HDR.jpg

that's awesome!

I'm about to order my first amazon sword :) 

Edited by quirkylemon103
  • Like 1