Ich issues!!! Please help!

emilyalexxis

I currently have a 36 gallon tank, with guppies, angel fish, gouramis and sucker fish. We have noticed that one of our new gouramis that we recently added has white spots on fins and body which is normally ich. We are using “Jungle Ick Clear Fizz tablets” as this was the only thing available Bc our fish store was closed when we noticed the ich. We also turned our heat up to 86F but sadly one our gouramis has died and it’s not the one with the ich showing, he started acting weird after turning the heat up. Also, we just found that our sucker fish has died too and we aren’t sure if it was the heat or the medicine. Our water quality is perfect but we do have these foamy bubbles on the top of the tank and aren’t sure why those are there. 
I am currently thinking I want to change medications to Ich-X because of such good reviews! Should I stick with the medication I am using or switch? And if I should switch how do I do it effectively without mixing chemicals?
Can anyone please help!!! We don’t want anymore fish dying but we are just trying to get rid of the ich!

Honestly I don't touch the temp when treating ich. 86 degrees, yikes thats hot. Did you turn it up all at once? If I were you I would slowly adjust the temp over the next few days to around the 78-82 degree mark. Remember it is not Mandatory to adjust the temp when dealing with ich. The angelfish will thrive n the lower 80s (82-84) I see you have an airstone. The warmer the water the less oxygen it holds therefore I would reccemoend when treating for ich if you do decide to adjust the temp add another airstone. It was probably the temp that killed your fish not the meds, especially if you adjusted it all at once. 

I have used API Super Ick Cure with awesome results and would reccmeoned that or ich x.

• Like 1

I also recommend Ich-X! I’ve used it several times and it works really well, as long as you keep using it for long enough to let the ich go through its whole life cycle. Hotter temps force the ich to go through its life cycle faster. With a tank at 80 degrees I had to use it for 12 days.

I’m not sure what’s in the Jungle tablets, so I would do a 50% or more water change before starting ich-x. There will still be a risk that whatever’s left will interact, but if I were in your shoes I’d probably take the risk. Others might have better advice on this.