What fish do you just not get?

FrozenFins

Lets be honest, we all have that one fish in our minds that you have never understood why one may keep one. It doesn't necesarilly mean that you are against keeping that fish but that you just couldn't see your self keeping that fish and being enjoyed. Not every fish is for every aquarist.

I would say Rice Fish for me are a fish that I just don't get

• Like 2

I finally got a handful of Platinum Rice fish and... I totally get it 🙂

For me it's a lot of Tetras, but particularly skirt tetras. I have a small school of Black Skirt tetras and... I really don't get what is appealing about them. They are a decent dither fish for my Firemouth. They keep him comfortable, but other than that... meh. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brandy said:

Plecos. PTSD from childhood. Those common plecos get huge and totally freaked me out as a kid.

This.  Had an aquarium as a kid and all the fish eventually died.  Except HIM.  HE WAS ALWAYS WATCHING... GETTING BIGGER... WATCHING... 😳

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Blood parrots and flowerhorns.  I’m not a fan of hybrids as a general rule but both of these just look distorted and unhealthy.  I’m not a big fan of orandas and bubble eyes, either.

I don’t like that humans have bred these fish to the point where they are disabled.

• Like 10

I second the balloon fish and the popeye goldfish. I don’t like multi-ruffled flower mutants (like ruffly daffodils) for the same reason—it’s so obvious to my eye that it’s not supposed to be like that!! I’m especially not a fan of any selected mutations that make it harder for a fish to swim. Though I also understand why some people really like the look of them. They’e just not to my taste.

• Like 1

Male bettas and most of the distorted gold fish.

I see why people like betta but to me the long fins are almost repulsive.  It must be some weird phobia I have or something.  Now the female bettas , those are excellent looking fish imo.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

@quirkylemon103i had a 75 gallon reef tank years ago and as interesting as it was, I’d take a planted aquarium or some goldfish any day of the week. I don’t question it much as my bank account couldn’t handle that segment of the hobby. Have a great day. Manny 

I understand reefs are expensive i have a 75 to that I'm trying to set up but I'd much rather set up some more planted tanks and breeding tanks but my parents said no to more freshwater tanks until the reef  has fish

• Like 1