Greetings from the Adirondacks!

McFuzzy

Greetings all!  I am from the northern edge of the Adirondack Mountains in upstate NY, and a very short drive to the US/Canadian border.  There is not much for Local Fish or Pet Stores, just a sad and struggling PetSmart.  The nearest real pet stores are in Montreal, about an hour or so away but with a closed international border due to COVID, and a wonderful little pet store called the Pet Advantage in Burlington, VT, which, alas, is also hard for me to get to due to COVID restrictions.  Fortunately, Aquarium Co-op does a great job of keeping me supplied as well.  I have been a slowly evolving fish nerd ever since running a science and nature store in Lake Placid, NY in the 90s, where I cared for aquariums and an indoor fishpond with local perch and pumpkinseeds, along with a trio of red eared slider turtles.  I now have a 30 gallon planted tank filled with various Fancy Guppies that are constantly breeding, a 10 gallon planted tank that houses my male Guppies, a 30 gallon tank with a mated pair of Convict Cichlids, a 3 gallon tank with a veil tail Betta who will be moving into a 5.5 gallon soon (or maybe he will go into the 10 gallon planted, still not sure!), and a 10 gallon that I have set up as a Quarantine Tank.  All of my tanks are happily "infested" with Malaysian Trumpet Snails except for the Cichlids, who I am pretty sure would find the exposed bits tasty.  I am always happy to learn from others and open to sharing my own experiences, although I will be the first to admit that I am often wrong and still have much to learn.  If you happen to be in my area of the country, don't be afraid to say hello, and I am always willing to trade what I have.

• Like 3

Welcome! I'm from upstate NY too (Saratoga County) but now living in Maryland. I miss NY so bad - the mountains, lakes (Lake George has got to be one of the most beautiful, sparkling lakes in the world), farmers markets, wineries, garlic fests, gorgeous warm summers, fall beauty, and most especially, good pizza!! But I do not miss the awful winters. 

• Like 1