Growing edible plants with Easy Green?

Caleary1804

I can't say if it's safe or not but Ive been doing it for some time now. All of my vegetables and fruits get most of their watering from my pond and fish tank water. I even bury my dead fish in the soil as fertilizer.

If you are really concerned just flush your plants with clean water for a few weeks before consuming.

• Like 1

While I am not the boss of how easy green is made or produced, anything that is non-toxic to shrimp, snails, plants, fish, and amphibians, I would consider very likely safe for the MUCH less sensitive large mammal like a human. Most things we use on food crops are NOT fish or invertebrate safe.

• Like 4

I dont use easy green directly per say. But i do use old tank water from water changes for my plants. No doubts there is some easy green floating around in it. Im sure there are better fertilizers, but i dont see anything with the ingredients causing direct harm. I would wash food before eating it, but i would do that with any fertilizer anyway.  

Unless a product is specifically made and labeled for consumption by humans, companies generally avoid saying "sure, go ahead and use it" because they do not want lawsuits. However, that does not mean it is not safe for use on human food, just that the production was not done with human safety measures in place. It's the same with fish food (and all pet food) and especially fish meds (label specifically says not for use on fish that will be consumed by people). Its about the production method and some level of concern for human health, but mostly to avoid legal liability.

• Like 1