Holes in my plants

Luis

Hello,

I have a planted 180L tank.

i have never used C02 or fertilisers. 

Ive noticed some of my plants like the Amazon swords and Java ferns are starting to get holes in their leaves which end up dying off. 

Can someone give me a safe solution/ product that will make my plants healthy as well as not harm my fish that are in there? 

thank you!

image.jpg

I remember seeing a YouTube video by @Irene about this topic, potentially pointing at a mineral deficiency.  Here is a handy-dandy chart I downloaded from aquathusiast.com.  Looks like it might be manganese.  Bare in mind, I'm a newbie, so just wait for more experienced people to confirm or deny. 😄808273958_Freshwater-Plant-Nutrient-Deficiency(1).png.51661c0669633564bbddcfa5647a5a4b.png

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Luis said:

Hello,

I have a planted 180L tank.

i have never used C02 or fertilisers. 

Ive noticed some of my plants like the Amazon swords and Java ferns are starting to get holes in their leaves which end up dying off. 

Can someone give me a safe solution/ product that will make my plants healthy as well as not harm my fish that are in there? 

thank you!

image.jpg

Deficiencies are deficiencies, but every tank is truly unique in its own right.  What particularly helped my Java Fern was extra Potassium & Iron.  A good all-in-one fertilizer like Easy Green should help and a good place to start. Plants do not perish overnight, but rather often times show signs of nutrient deficiencies for days, weeks & sometimes months ahead of time, before the plant is really in big trouble.  

Maybe other folks will chime in with their input as well.  

Not sure if you have seen this video, but it's a good source of reference:

Up front it would appear to be a potassium deficiency. However, just because that is the most notable sign at a first glance, that does not mean there are not multiple deficiencies going on at the same time. Per @Martin’s post there are numerous charts to help you plot particular deficiencies, but they dont really help if you have never used any all purpose fertilizer. I would start with either Aquarium co op brand Easy Green, or Seachem brand Flourish. Both are fish and invertebrate safe. Once you have a baseline of fertilizers, and makes it easier to pin point exactly which deficiency you are looking at, or may have been what you needed all along.