Bacopa caroliniana Melting or dying?

Clayt

About 2 weeks ago I planted a new 75g aquarium and am noticing the Bacopa caroliniana is looking worse than I expected. The other plants in the tank including Amazon sword, crypts(I cut off the leaves and they have started regrowing), Christmas moss and more are doing fine.
They are planted in pool filter sand. I’m using root tabs and liquid fertilizer, ph 7.4, hardness is a little soft, temp 74. 9 hours of light a day.

Is this just normal melting or is there something else I should be looking into?

do you recommend just giving it time? Or should I trim the dying parts and plant the tops?

B4BFA7C9-FD92-4564-9B1C-EA10CA4934AF.jpeg.9145d92e29b9de6f3afc6fec48efbede.jpegCB769580-0482-40D6-AD76-CA631ED3D2CF.jpeg.3bf9823539db9c3c0bf1ccb76abd5d1b.jpeg

D6DC83E8-3AF7-47E4-9B98-A290B5DF0808.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mmiller2001 said:

Give it time. Hard to tell with just 2 weeks. If new growth looks good, then snip the tops, trash the bottoms, and replant.

I will slightly disagree, or maybe I misunderstood what you meant by "trash the bottoms".  I'd cut out the portions that don't have leaves, but leave the stumps rooted in the substrate.  They will probably sprout new growth.  Stick the cut off portions in the substrate to make new plants.

• Like 1