Branden

So, I have never really thought about it, but as we know our aquariums over time create enough biological bacteria to accommodate the fish load after cycling. Regardless of what type of filtration you're using. My question is how long does it take to re-level back out after adding more fish? 

As an example.

I have a 125 gallon aquarium fully planted with sand substrate and Mopani wood. I run a Marineland 360 canister filter with only the first sponge filter and the rest bio rings. I also use a CoOP Large sponge pre-filter on the intake and a large CoOp in tank filter. The tank fully cycled and after, I added 106 Neon Green Tetras (Paracheirodon Simulans), 1 Siamese Algae Eater (Crossocheilus oblongus), and 5 Green Flame Tetras (Aphyocharax rathbuni). I feed twice a day of multiple mixed foods Bug Bites, Hikari Daphnia, Hikari Bloodwoorms, ect. The tank has been running great with no losses tested every Sunday and with a 5-10% water change. 

Ok, now back to the question. If I was to add let's say another 10 Corydoras and a Leopard Frog Pleco. What is the time line for the biological media to catch up and become level again? Is that even a question that can be answered? Is there a ballpark number? 

I was just curious as I have "knock on wood" been pretty successful with planted community tanks and never really thought about when adding more fish. I usually just add what I feel looks good and call it a day. If I had a well established 40 gallon I may add 100 Neon tetras over a period of a few months a few other clean up crew members and even though that's over the 1" per gallon rule it always worked and was very healthy to the point I would have full size (rare in my opinion Neon Tetras 2"-2.5"). 

Sorry for such a long winded question, but wanted to get others feedback that have been in the hobby for sometime.