White pimple on my Toffee (Black Gold Oranda)

penguindance

Hi Team,

First of all, thank you for your time and efforts in educating all of us, in this forum.

My Toffee (Black Gold Oranda) has been with us for a year now, he has this white pimple on the tip of his mouth for a quite long time now (I really cannot recall when/how it happened). He is fine, full of personality, however, this white pimple is giving me some concerns. I started to notice very small tiny white ones started to grow (I might be imagining) and I wanted to seek your advise on this.

Tank:

55 Gallon

2 x 407 Cannister Filter

Ammonia: ~0, Nitrite: ~0, Nitrate: Below 5PPM, PH: 7.2, Water Temp: 25.2F

Water changed every 5 - 7 days

spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by penguindance

Hey guys!

sorry for the late reply, for some reason I could not login to the forum yesterday.

@Mmiller2001 thank you for your reply! someone told me the same thing before, but he has been having it for at least 4 months now, but he was always normal, except today (read below)

Since yesterday my Oranda started acting different than he normally is. Usually he's full of personality and active, the other fishes are fine, but he's slow and sad. Something is bothering him, and I'm not sure what it is. The water parameters are fine.

I have made a quick 2 videos and posted them on youtube: (Comment: I have a feeling that one of the eyes becoming a bit white around the edges)

Another video shows him having not that much energy like 2 days ago... it's funny, I made this post out of concern, and he actually started feeling unwell..

Edited by penguindance

Hi Team,

I have no where to go for help, facebook groups aren't answering. Since my last post, everything was completely fine with our Oranda, in a sudden, in less than 24 hours, he changed completely.

Tank:

55 Gallon

2 x 407 Cannister Filter

Ammonia: ~0, Nitrite: ~0, Nitrate: Below 5PPM, PH: 7.2, Water Temp: 25.2F

Water changed every 5 - 7 days

I have moved him to a 5gallons QT tank, and added 8 grams of aquarium salt + API Fin Rot (Currently waiting for API General cure to arrive in 2 hours)

Youtube Video: (RIGHT NOW)

An hour ago:

Hi Team,

QT Spec:

5 Gallons

Sponge Filter

In the QT tank, I have added 8 grams of 8g Aquarium Salt + API Erythromycin. I have just received the following medicines (took so long):

- Maracyn 2 (I won't be using it for the time being, since it has the same active ingredients as the API Erythromycin)

- PraziPro (I'm not quite sure if it should be mixed with API Erythromycin, I googled and found mixed messages)

API General Cure will come in few hours time, I'm planning to dose it in the QT as soon as I receive it since it can be mixed with API Erythromycin. My only concern is the API General Cure contains some salt, and I have already added salt to the tank.

Let me know what you think and appreciate any advise.

Maracyn 2 has a different active ingredient then API Erythromycin     it minocycline  maracyn2 treats gram negative bacterial infection Eythromycin treats gram positive bacterial infections I don't think it a bacterial infection the white spots on your fish could skin flukes I would treat with prazipro or general cure @penguindance

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

@ColuThank you! the white spot was there for more than 4 months, but my Oranda never showed any symptoms. For very unknown reason, he started acting very weird and lethergic as you can see in my last posted video above.

Currently, he's in a QT tank with sponge filter and air bubbles, I have dosed half of the API General Cure pack (finally arrived) and half of the API Erythromycin.  Do you recommend me to do a water change and add only General Cure? I'm just very worried that this will stress him even more and might escalate the problem.

@Colu Thank you! I'm a bit worried, while googling, some people suggest to not to follow the dosage instruction by API, and instead of dosing half pack, they dose 1 full pack of API General Cure and Erythromycin. What your take?

Also, my Oranda was in the community tank along with my 2 big Ranchus (they seem fine for now, and no symptoms), they were probably eating each others poop, do you think I should start the same treatment for them as well? I will have to do the treatment in the community tank as I don't have any other hospital tank. Will it crash the cycle?

Unfortunately he passed away this morning, it's very sad day, he was full of personality and extremely friendly (reminds me of dogs).

I really don't understand what happened, maybe he was struggling long time? but he never showed not a single sign.

Now, we are worried about our other Ranchus, I'm thinking to treat the community tank using the Erythromycin as well?

Our community tank is bare bottom with few few plants, and I don't mind harming plants for the sake of treating my tank.

• Sad 1

So sorry for your loss @penguindance. I wish I had something helpful to say but it seems like whatever was affecting Toffee, it didn’t give many indicators of what it was. My guess is that the white spot on Toffee’s lip didn’t have anything to do with what ended up killing him, but it’s impossible to know for sure. Based on how he was gulping, it’s possible there was something affecting his gills? But these are all just guesses. If you’re up for it, you could check over Toffee’s body for clues. I hope your other goldfish do better. ❤️