Bumps on Corys

Pakal

I noticed that 3/4 of my corys have a little bump on the upper part of their underside. It doesn't seem to affect them though, they're acting normal and derpy like they always do. Is it a sign that they're well fed, is it an egg pouch, is it a fungal infection, or is it something else?

12 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

20201228_144706.jpg.fbe5e436eef8d533505f8ac85b1a07d4.jpg

This is a male venezuelan cory,

20201228_164800.jpg.0734802c5ee65bf2370bfb0298de7bcc.jpg

Here are female albinos. Do they look sort of like this? I think both males and females have it (if they are fed well) and females have bigger ones than males (then again, these are two different species). 

At the right angle when my cory's belly is completely exposed, the lump looks like an abnormal almost perfectly shaped circle. Sorry if my explanation is confusing. Here's a drawing that I drew of what it looks like : 

IMG_20210211_092834.jpg.c6d28b7d31ddc754128f9bac1564b59d.jpg

Then I think the cories are fine. The one thing is that mine could possibly have internal parasites, because I have seen them scratching themselves agains the sand (along with the other fish in the tank). I will be treating them very shortly. I don't know if the round belly is also a sign of internal parasites, but that's just something I'd watch out for.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Then I think the cories are fine. The one thing is that mine could possibly have internal parasites, because I have seen them scratching themselves agains the sand (along with the other fish in the tank). I will be treating them very shortly. I don't know if the round belly is also a sign of internal parasites, but that's just something I'd watch out for.

Hope this helps.

I purposely did not feed them this morning and I noticed right now that the lump is going away so I think it was just food that had not digested yet. Thanks for the help and info 👍

• Like 1