Jump to content

Help with buying a flowerhorn


Gaurav
 Share

Recommended Posts

In my opinion, the color does not look subpar to top quality. I've never seen a flower horn with such a solid line tho. The Kok is a little small but that can be improved with food. I don't think you should buy a fish that you have doubts about, and because you're on this form asking for others opinion, I would urge you to really think it over. Are you in love with this particular fish? Or are you more into the idea of having a flower horn? If he makes you happy with personality over looks, you should get him, as your relationship would be strong as you wouldn't care as much if he wasn't the best color. Just make sure that if you choose to get this fish, that you will have no regrets in the future. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When getting a flowerhorn, I care about the personality not the looks. The flowerhorn could have the smallest Kok, not have the nicest colors and not much of a line, But if he has the BEST personality, I will get it.

With that being said, what are your plans with this flowerhorn? Will you breeding to make some extra money? are you looking for a water dog? or are you looking for the colors?

As @Keeg said, the line is solid and the kok is small (all though that can be fixed), If this flowerhorn has a great personality, and thats what your looking for get it!

If your looking for the biggest kok on planet earth, this may not be the best fish for you.

I am not sure if you watch the King Of Diy (joey mullen) on youtube (or perhaps you have never heard this name before) but he bought a flowerhorn many years back. The flowerhorn was named Frank. Frank did not have the best "flowers" or the best colors, he was quite ugly infact. But it didn't matter to Joey, it was the personality that made him fall in love with frank.

If your plans are on breeding flowerhorns, what traits are you desiring in your fry?

Here is a picture of Frank the Flowerhorn:

image.png.40b5ea9238ffaba58aaba83404270d9d.png

As you can see, not the best colors or line (flowers) he's got  a decent size kok, but I've seen better.

F.Y.I I am not shaming frank, I love frank. His visual appearnce just simply wasn't the best.

Edited by James Black
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're really concerned about top quality, there's websites out there that let you select individual fish. Of course, then you have to pay for shipping, but you'd have much more opportunity to really shop around get one that will make you happy. 

That said, I think he looks like a cute little dude. He might grow into a real looker.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, James Black said:

When getting a flowerhorn, I care about the personality not the looks. The flowerhorn could have the smallest Kok, not have the nicest colors and not much of a line, But if he has the BEST personality, I will get it.

With that being said, what are your plans with this flowerhorn? Will you breeding to make some extra money? are you looking for a water dog? or are you looking for the colors?

As @Keeg said, the line is solid and the kok is small (all though that can be fixed), If this flowerhorn has a great personality, and thats what your looking for get it!

If your looking for the biggest kok on planet earth, this may not be the best fish for you.

I am not sure if you watch the King Of Diy (joey mullen) on youtube (or perhaps you have never heard this name before) but he bought a flowerhorn many years back. The flowerhorn was named Frank. Frank did not have the best "flowers" or the best colors, he was quite ugly infact. But it didn't matter to Joey, it was the personality that made him fall in love with frank.

If your plans are on breeding flowerhorns, what traits are you desiring in your fry?

Here is a picture of Frank the Flowerhorn:

image.png.40b5ea9238ffaba58aaba83404270d9d.png

As you can see, not the best colors or line (flowers) he's got  a decent size kok, but I've seen better.

F.Y.I I am not shaming frank, I love frank. His visual appearnce just simply wasn't the best.

 

2 hours ago, Keeg said:

In my opinion, the color does not look subpar to top quality. I've never seen a flower horn with such a solid line tho. The Kok is a little small but that can be improved with food. I don't think you should buy a fish that you have doubts about, and because you're on this form asking for others opinion, I would urge you to really think it over. Are you in love with this particular fish? Or are you more into the idea of having a flower horn? If he makes you happy with personality over looks, you should get him, as your relationship would be strong as you wouldn't care as much if he wasn't the best color. Just make sure that if you choose to get this fish, that you will have no regrets in the future. 

I need it as pet with whom I can spend some time playing around. I really don't care about those giant kok. Though I love one with colours. I just wanted to get an opinion as the guy is claiming to be of top quality. I liked this cutie as he seems Full of energy and interactive. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

 

I need it as pet with whom I can spend some time playing around. I really don't care about those giant kok. Though I love one with colours. I just wanted to get an opinion as the guy is claiming to be of top quality. I liked this cutie as he seems Full of energy and interactive. 

 

Thats great! If you do end up getting the little fella I hope you'll both be happy. I think you might be able to haggle with the seller as I'm pretty sure that is not top quality. You do you though, thanks for responding 😁

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Keeg said:

Thats great! If you do end up getting the little fella I hope you'll both be happy. I think you might be able to haggle with the seller as I'm pretty sure that is not top quality. You do you though, thanks for responding 😁

Well Thanks to you ...

Thank you for taking your time to write and help me understand . I can't thank you enough for your help!!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...