Adding Otos to already stocked 10 gal.

Pakal

You can also try to promote algae growth: increase lights, increase (or decrease) fertilizer nitrates/phosphates, add a little extra food, etc. Just be careful your other parameters don't go out of wack. Also, I'd start introducing algae wafers early on with them so that hopefully they will start transitioning. good luck!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pakal said:

My LFS is Aquarium Co-Op since I live in the area. @Cory Do you feed your Otocinclus algae wafers?

I think in the otocinclus video he mentioned they train them to eat prepared food but I don't remember

Edited by quirkylemon103

• Administrators

3 Otocinclus in a 10 gallon is going to be hard to keep fed. We feed ours algae, we pick the tank with the most algae when they come in. If they are still there after a week to 10 days they get repashy soilent green. But not all otos take to that. Otos are better suited to a larger tank that will produce more algae. A hillstream loach would work out much easier in a 10g.

2 minutes ago, Cory said:

3 Otocinclus in a 10 gallon is going to be hard to keep fed. We feed ours algae, we pick the tank with the most algae when they come in. If they are still there after a week to 10 days they get repashy soilent green. But not all otos take to that. Otos are better suited to a larger tank that will produce more algae. A hillstream loach would work out much easier in a 10g.

Thank you for the info 👍