Leo2o915

Sounds like a serious set up! A single Sicce shark ADV 800 is scheduled to filter up to 53 gallons. So using two would certainly be far more than you'd need. In fact, if one honked out on you, you would be fine with just one going. If the purpose is to over filter, you'll have that! For heaters . . . I think that the Eheim Jager series is the best we've used. You don't need to keep the Malawi Cichlids too hot, so depending on your room temperature, you'll probably be fine with a single Eheim Jager  heater -- maybe between 100 - 150 watts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fish Folk said:

Sounds like a serious set up! A single Sicce shark ADV 800 is scheduled to filter up to 53 gallons. So using two would certainly be far more than you'd need. In fact, if one honked out on you, you would be fine with just one going. If the purpose is to over filter, you'll have that! For heaters . . . I think that the Eheim Jager series is the best we've used. You don't need to keep the Malawi Cichlids too hot, so depending on your room temperature, you'll probably be fine with a single Eheim Jager  heater -- maybe between 100 - 150 watts. 

So one is good enough ? Cause it’s just going to be them 5 for breeding purposes 

15 minutes ago, Leo2o915 said:

So one is good enough ? Cause it’s just going to be them 5 for breeding purposes 

Honestly, I've not used them myself. Just reading the specs. If I were setting it up, I'd use two large sponger filters on either back corner, and then maybe add the Sicce filter for extra measure. Sponger filters provide added aeration, which the Sicce does not -- though it will add _flow_ which sponges really do not. 

We do keep mbunas in a 55 gal, and heavily over-filter. We have two Aqueon 75 HOB filters plus two large sponge filters. The tank  still gets trashed with fish waste 😆 

Those placidochromis jalo reef cichlids look AMAZING! Good luck!! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 1.19.23 PM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fish Folk said:

Honestly, I've not used them myself. Just reading the specs. If I were setting it up, I'd use two large sponger filters on either back corner, and then maybe add the Sicce filter for extra measure. Sponger filters provide added aeration, which the Sicce does not -- though it will add _flow_ which sponges really do not. 

We do keep mbunas in a 55 gal, and heavily over-filter. We have two Aqueon 75 HOB filters plus two large sponge filters. The tank  still gets trashed with fish waste 😆 

Those placidochromis jalo reef cichlids look AMAZING! Good luck!! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 1.19.23 PM.png

Yeah was thinking of adding a hob but would I like about the sicce shark it has a option which can provide more air into the tank 

• Like 1