A Forum "how to" Subject Group Would be Helpful

Alesha

There are a few things that I'm not able to figure out yet, as I'm not familiar with forums.

• How to upload a video
  • How to view the forum file uploads

And some things I finally figured out, but it took me a while 😉

• How to leave a "like", "laugh" etc
  • How to quote someone's comment
  • How to upload a file

Just thought something like this might be helpful and if it already exists, could it be pinned to the top of one of the subject groups?

Thanks,

Alesha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

In time there will be handy gifs and videos showing forum functions. 

As for a how to forum. Forum categories are created on a need because there are enough topics to support it, not the other way around. Get 30 to 50 meaningful how to threads going and there is a chance we make it a category. 

3 minutes ago, Cory said:

As for a how to forum. Forum categories are created on a need because there are enough topics to support it, not the other way around. Get 30 to 50 meaningful how to threads going and there is a chance we make it a category. 

Challenge accepted sir.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Ed's Aquatics said:

Do you not have that many already Bill? I would have thought you were close already lol

Nah, I think I've only posted 4-5 here so far.

I also have a few I haven't posted, because I have lame photos...but I'll see what I can dig up.

Can't stop the signal!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bill Smith said:

Nah, I think I've only posted 4-5 here so far.

I also have a few I haven't posted, because I have lame photos...but I'll see what I can dig up.

Can't stop the signal!

I do love your DIY posts, Bill! I look forward to seeing others, too. Wishing you a great photo shoot for them! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cory said:

In time there will be handy gifs and videos showing forum functions. 

Thanks for the explanation, Cory! 🙂 

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2020 at 10:31 AM, Alesha said:

There are a few things that I'm not able to figure out yet, as I'm not familiar with forums.

• How to upload a video
  • How to view the forum file uploads

And some things I finally figured out, but it took me a while 😉

• How to leave a "like", "laugh" etc
  • How to quote someone's comment
  • How to upload a file

Just thought something like this might be helpful and if it already exists, could it be pinned to the top of one of the subject groups?

Thanks,

Alesha

I think this post is what prompted @Lizzie Block to create her wonderful series of 'how tos'

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/4/2022 at 5:46 PM, Dale_Bannister said:

I have a 55 gal tank with a mom convict cichlid and about 30 four months old babies. I added 10 mystery and nirite snails. pH is 7.5 and water hardness is 180. How do I get snails to be more active. I've had them one week thanks

@Dale_Bannister This might be best posted as a new topic under the “General” section.  It’s out of place under this 1 year old DIY topic and might not catch the attention you’re seeking.

• 10 months later...