• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live now!

Live now!

@Cory I know you’re struggling to find your meme presentation style, so I thought I’d throw out some ideas. I really like the thought of doing just a few memes once in a while instead of a lot at once

Posted Images

@Cory I know you’re struggling to find your meme presentation style, so I thought I’d throw out some ideas. I really like the thought of doing just a few memes once in a while instead of a lot at once—I think that makes sense. And using a meme for the video thumbnail is also great! 

One thought I had is that maybe meme streams (or meme moments) should be something you do with a guest. That way you have someone to react with. Funny things are funnier with other people. I’ve heard psychologists point out that we generally don’t laugh if we’re alone, even when we find something funny. And you’re not really with people when you’re streaming, even though we all feel like we’re with you! So streaming memes with a guest would probably be more fun for you.

The other thought is that I *do* think you should read the memes, because (1) I really like the voices you do when reading other people’s comments—I think of it as Cory’s nerm voice—and (2) it gives people time to read and look at the meme while you read. Otherwise you have to sit and wait in awkward silence, or you end up scrolling too fast for people to see.

If you just don’t like doing meme streams, that’s also totally understandable. I nominate Robert and Jimmy to do them instead. 😁

It may also be something that’s just too hard to do live, but would work well as a brief segment at the end of a video like the segments where you answer a question from the comments.

Just some ideas! No need to use them if they’re not your jam.

Edited by Hobbit
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...