Plant Melting

Martin

Good morning all!

Quick question about plant melting:  Roughly how long does this go on for?

My tank has been up and running for about 2 weeks now and almost all of the plants seem to be showing signs of growth, but some leaves continue to die off.  I THINK it just the old leaves still melting, but I just wanted to be sure it wasn't me doing something wrong.  In short:

Bacopa: Growing taller and producing small new leaves at the top, but some leaves at the bottom withering.

Apongeton: Growing like mad, no concerns

Amazon Sword:  This is the only one that hasn't really grown much and the leaves it arrived with have spots/patches of brown.  I've provided root tabs
   per recommendations, but there doesn't seem to be any change.  I am messing with the lighting level today to see if it is getting too much light.

Crypto Lutea:  Some leaves that looked stable are having some wither at the ends, but it is producing new shoots.

Crypto Wendtii Green:  Producing new, lush green leaves at its center, not much concern.

Windelov Java:  Looking good, but small amount of black veins/spots haven't changed since receipt.  No noticeable growth, but no decay either.

Java Fern & Susswassertang:  Lazying about without any notable activity.

As usual, thanks to all for such a great and supportive community!

6 hours ago, Martin said:

the leaves it arrived with have spots/patches of brown.  I've provided root tabs
   per recommendations, but there doesn't seem to be any change.

I don't think you should really expect to see improvement in already damaged leaves.  Just that new leaves will be healthy and won't have these issues.  Once a leaf is damaged, I don't think it "recovers" like you may be thinking it should.