10 gallon plant tank

dortaliny75

I started my 10 gallon plant tank 2 weeks ago. I purchased Aqueon Iron & Manganese 0-0-3 plant supplement along with chemi-pure green nano packets. I have noticed some algae growth and want to know if this is normal in my tank. The bottom of my tank I placed Fluval Stratum volcanic soil for planted aquariums. 

16126188333795128044233034817488.jpg

Edited by dortaliny75

Algae is going to happen. I also have that light on a ten gallon and can tell you it is quite bright. It may take a bit to balance your light and nutrients, some faster growing stem plants could help. 

Also, in my experience, those larger striped leaf plants do much better grown terrestrially, out of water. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MAC said:

Also, in my experience, those larger striped leaf plants do much better grown terrestrially, out of water. 

Yeah, it looks like that plant may be some Dracaena silver ribbon or "sandy plant" I think it's called.  It's not a true aquatic plant and grows more like lucky bamboo where only the bottom should be in the water, and the crown/leaves should be above. I don't think it will grow well fully submerged.