Easy green life hack

1 hour ago, team fishes and shrimps said:

you are not supposed to use one pump per day.

10 minutes ago, Frank said:

Hi, I'm just curious. What is wrong with doing that?

Its not necessarily bad. Each planted tank is different. With a tank that has one anubius, one pump a week could be dosing too much because there is only one plant absorbing the nutrients. If you have a heavily planted tank, and the plants are absorbing the nutrients faster then one week, then you would want to dose more. Once a week is just what an average planted tank would need. 

Here is a video that Cory did that may help you out and make more sense

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James Black said:

Its not necessarily bad. Each planted tank is different. With a tank that has one anubius, one pump a week could be dosing too much because there is only one plant absorbing the nutrients. If you have a heavily planted tank, and the plants are absorbing the nutrients faster then one week, then you would want to dose more. Once a week is just what an average planted tank would need. 

Here is a video that Cory did that may help you out and make more sense

Thanks.

If I have a 70gallon tank, the directions recommend 7 pumps once per week. Is that somehow different to 1 pump per day?

• Like 1

Once a week makes it simpler.  Once a day can make the amount of nutrients more consistent. How fast the plants use up the nutrients and how often and how much you do water changes affects the amount of nutrients available. Either way you need to adjust depending on how your plants and algae are doing. If your nitrates are high you may be fertilizing too much (or too few water changes or too many fish). My guess that in the wild, nutrients are about the same day to day but may change season to season. I don't know if plants do better or worse with nutrients going up and down or consistent. Probably depends on the plant. I also don't know what algae like. 

Conclusion, either way should be fine, just adjust as needed.