Are my snails okay?

Nomad

So here is the situation. A few days ago my Nerite snails(of which I have two) were doing their thing and cleaning the glass when I went to bed. The next morning I found them on their backs on the sand at the bottom of the tank. Their feet did come out but they didn't do anything to flip over or right themselves. I got concerned so I moved them to a more open space to monitor them but they haven't moved from where I placed them and one of them has flipped on it's side. I just rescaped their tank but the shrimp I have in there with them are doing fine. I'm starting to get worried. Are they okay?

I'm a newbie too, but I seem to recall a good discussion on this recently.  first, I remember someone saying that they can't right themselves if on their backs, so you can turn them over.  and secondly, there was a lot of talk about how the nerites seems to go still for long periods of time.  the recommendation - do the sniff test.  if the smell doesn't knock you over, put 'em back in the tank.  😁  check around for the discussion, it was very good and helpful.  good luck.

Yeah, try to flip them back on their foot if you see any flipped over, as they aren't good at being able to do it themselves. They do go dormant for sometimes over a day at a time.  Is your water very acidic? Do you have a source of calcium for them?

Some people can have bad luck with nerites, but I think it's mostly from water parameters and/or running out of food in very clean tanks. Unlike other snails who'll eat almost anything, nerites really are more dedicated to algae in particular.