Book and magazine recomendations?

Rikostan

I get it, I do. The internet is awesome. Tons of info that is indexed, cross referenced, and endlessly debated. I'm a fan. I have a Kindle and read tons of ebooks and, almost all my music is digital these days too...

BUT ( I like big buts), I still enjoy cracking open a "real" book now and then.

So are there any aquarist (aquariist?) related books or magazines you enjoy reading or found particular helpful? Maybe there were just great shots of the fish, or maybe they explained something in a way you found really helpful... I'm not picky. 

TIA!

{EDIT} I should have searched first. I would delete this if I could, but anybody seeing this, look here instead of commenting on this post.

Edited by Rikostan
Didn't search.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Well, if you aren't picky and don't mind classic aquarium books, I recommend this 1936 The Complete Aquarium Book. It is available to download free from this forum.

Here is the link to the complete book.

TheCompleteAquariumBook1936.PNG.b7aa6a1b8db5ff30c561d830f872ac80.PNG

Thanks, that'll be fun to scan through!

2 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

Ugh, Guess I should have searched first. I just looked on the first page... Thanks!

I have many of the old aquarium fish breeding books, from varies series and authors. I prefer those over searching the internet for techniques.  I also like searching eBay for "aquarium book" and seeing what comes up. I've found a lot of cool old fish books that way. There are also a lot of TFH magazine full sets on eBay, I'm sure those would be fun to read through.

'77 was a good year for me and fish. I was working at a pet store and eagerly waiting for each TFH to come out.

I just picked up this complete 1977 set from Eric Bodrock at AllOddBallAquatics.

I am reliving both inventorying the neon tetra tank and dating my first girlfriend Tammy G.

20200819_4278.JPG.f9180512fc2f43bbc5c905b32324a1b4.JPG

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rikostan said:

Some awesome answers, thanks to all! I'd give them each a "thanks" but I guess I've used up my reactions for the day.

Same thing on my end. I didn't think I had used up my likes for the day, but that's what the message says. I did get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, maybe I used them up then?

Just now, Daniel said:

Same thing on my end. I didn't think I had used up my likes for the day, but that's what the message says. I did get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, maybe I used them up then?

LOL! So many inappropriate jokes to make there.

No offense to present company intended (including our generous host) but the coolness bar for working at a pet store in 1977 was fairly low. I think their main concern was that they didn't want an employee that would steal fish (the person before me did just that).

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

No offense to present company intended (including our generous host) but the coolness bar for working at a pet store in 1977 was fairly low. I think their main concern was that they didn't want an employee that would steal fish (the person before me did just that).

@Daniel Got any electronic version of books?

The proper care of guppies by Shubel, Stan is available for free here:

https://archive.org/details/propercareofgupp00stan