Internal Parasites (Warning: Graphic)

CorydorasEthan

Okay, so over the past few months, my fish have been healthly, but I always noticed them rubbing their sides against the sand (guppies, cories, and algae eaters). I also had a bristlenose pleco and a pearl gourami in the aquarium, but they didn't rub themselves against the sand. Two days ago, the pleco suddenly died, but everyone else in the tank was fine.

20210201_115332.jpg.b0fa90f7d86b71153a2b9c98b46aa14b.jpg

Just yesterday, the gourami stopped eating and only swam around in a small area in his aquarium. Yesterday night, I noticed something hanging out of him that wasn't feces. I think it's a parasite.

20210203_234302.jpg.2e016966b90cfcf609bb5890c9d3900f.jpg

Does anyone know of any medications I can use to get rid of this parasite? I watched a video by Cory on Fritz Paracleanse, but it is not at my PetSmart or PetCo. Would you think it would be at a local store (I live nowhere near the Co-Op)? Also, if not, are there any other medications to try? And are they fry and egg safe (I have guppy fry and cory eggs)?

Thanks.

I am by no means an expert but I have very sensitive Dwarf Blue Gouramis. The first time they got sick, I lost three of them. I then did this treatment that Cory recommended https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/faqs/how-to-use-quaratine-med-trio?_pos=1&_sid=4918acfd8&_ss=r

It cured the last two I had. I put them into another community tank and now they are sick again with something different. I put them back in the hospital tank and treated them with the trifecta again. 

I ordered mine online and received it all pretty quickly. I wish you luck!

• Thanks 1

Okay here's an update:

The day after I posted this topic my gourami stopped acting lethargic and was back to normal. He was hungry as usual and came up to the glass when I walk by the tank. I haven't noticed the parasites on anyone right now, but my cories, siamese algae eaters, and some guppies still rub/itch themselves against the sand occasionally. Could these fish also have internal parasites, or is this just something they always do? My albino cories and guppies have done this for at least four months now without any problems. But then again, I have to consider the sudden death of my bristlenose pleco (who didn't scratch herself she showed no symptoms, so she might have had parasites or maybe not).

What are your guy's thoughts on this matter?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...