Aquarium Co-Op Video Suggestions

FrozenFins

I thought it would be cool if the nerms put together a thread with a bunch of videos we want cory and the co-op team to do.

Heres my suggestion: More Fish Room Vlogs. (obviously this would have to wait till cory moves into his new fish room/ house) I always thought it was fun when you would just go around, gravel vac  the tanks, move fish around, and just do some general matnience. And it would be fun if you brought those videos back.

• Like 2

I really like the stocking videos Cory puts out, so I look forward to more of those. Usually, other YouTube channels will only list a couple of fish that can live in a particular size of tank. But the Aquarium Co-Op stocking videos are different. They are very in-depth and actually have a sort of list and instructions to follow when setting up each individual idea for the setups he covers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The most recent livestream had a question about changing substrate in an aquarium.

With more and more people getting into planted aquariums (with more plant-focused substrate) and away from fake plants and regular gravel, I think a video showing the steps/breakdown of changing substrates would be helpful to a lot of new aquarium keepers.  Maybe it sounds simple ("drain the tank and change the gravel, duh"), but it's a daunting step for many people and I think a video showing someone switching to a substrate more suitable for a planted tank would be helpful.

Plus, it may be one more item pushing people toward planted tanks. (Although obviously the caveat that you can grow plants in regular gravel should be made.)

• Like 1

I had seen that video before, but completely forgot about it.  I think that's close to what I was imagining, although a little more vlog-y than instructional in my opinion.

I had tried searching for "substrate" and browsing through the videos but guess I overlooked this one since it didn't seem to be what I was thinking it would look like/be titled as. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDoc said:

I overlooked this one since it didn't seem to be what I was thinking it would look like/be titled as. 

I agree it was a little tricky to find. I hate it when I know cory has referenced something, but not knowing exactly which livestream, fishroom tour, or whatever video it is in.

I really love the warehouse tours, especially the live plants section since you can see what they're doing, then try to emulate that to an extent in your own tank. Maybe also a series of "mini-documentaries" on the story or manufacturing processes behind some of the favourite products produced under the Aquarium Coop name like Easy Green, their Sponge Filters etc. 

• Like 2

This isn’t a new suggestion but I just wanted to say that I love the unboxing videos. As a new-ish nerm, a lot of those fish are new to me and it’s a great way to learn! Plus Robert and Jimmy just seem so friendly and hilarious and they do a great job.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...