Aggressive tank cleaners

Chiclid addict

Well really you should be the one cleaning the aquarium. You shouldn’t keep fish as cleaner fish but as pets. This said, I would suggest trying a pleco, but make sure that you have a backup plan if there is any aggression. If that doesn’t work you will probably have to stick to cleaning the aquarium yourself. I hope this helped! Good luck!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Levi_Aquatics said:

Well really you should be the one cleaning the aquarium. You shouldn’t keep fish as cleaner fish but as pets. This said, I would suggest trying a pleco, but make sure that you have a backup plan if there is any aggression. If that doesn’t work you will probably have to stick to cleaning the aquarium yourself. I hope this helped! Good luck!

What @Levi_Aquatics said, I don't think any fish should be kept specifically for cleaning, they should be kept as pets. But it is certainly fine to keep pets that also help a bit with getting rid of algae.

A common pleco (Hypostomus plecostomus) or a sailfin pleco (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps) would work fine for eating a bit of algae depending on your tank size. Probably at least a 100 gallons for these guys.