10-Gallon Tank Ideas

Some_sugar

10-Gallon Tank Ideas  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do with it?

• Make it a breeder tank
    • Make it a planted tank
    • Species only tank

Make it a planted breeding tank for pygmy cories. I haven't tried it yet, but I heard that they don't eat their eggs or their young so the school will just build up naturally over time. So it would be planted, a breeding tank, and a single species tank.

Edited by CorydorasEthan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wilds are getting easier to find online and most of them are "wild type" meaning they are breed domestically. The 4 variants I've ad luck with are Super Red Splenden, Mahachai, Smaragdina and Imbellis. They will at least try to breed within a day or so of being in the same tank. By coaxing I meant you don't have to do anything special to get them to breed. 

• Like 1

I am about to start up a "breeding for profit tank", I plan to breed some pygmy corydoras as well as platys in the tank. Eventually I would like to breed honey or sparkiling gourami in it.

But I have also been wanting a puffer, so maybe I would do a group of pea puffers. 

• Like 1

I vote for all three.  My ten gallon has always been my project tank. A 10 gallon bad idea is a lot easier to fix than a 75 gallon failure.  It is currently a no tech/effort planted tank.  The next project however, is likely to be a breeder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...