Brad G

Hello, so I just got this guy the other day and he has not ate really anything. My Ammonia and nitrites are 0. I haven’t checked the nitrates but all my plants do to good of a job soaking those up. Tanks 78 degrees he has 10 neons, 3 endlers, 3 fancy guppies as tank mates in a 20 gallon planted. Also cherry shrimp and snails. I was wondering if I should buy some Vibra bites. I’ve tried xtreme nano pellets, Krill flakes and fluval bug bites but he’s not interested in any of them at least so far. Do you think I should just wait and see if he’s still getting his bearings or should I get some vibra bites? I know frozen food but was hoping to get used to dry food first instead of him just eating the most expensive stuff out there.

79344AF9-5DA9-45D7-87A9-3184B5ECA0B4.jpeg

In my experiance german blue rams do very poorly with water that is in the 70F. I would say minnumum temperture 80F but they would really thrive at 84-86F. The ram is probably just stressed from the move and will probably eat eventually, its only been a few days, give it some time. 

Think about raising the temperture

• Like 1

Ok thanks, he’s going to be going into a 55 gallon with warmer water once it’s cycled. It should hopefully be with a week or so. Hopefully he can deal with the cooler water at moment. Ok, thanks I figured it was probably that, was just making sure.

If your kid is not eating, what do you do? You leave the food on the table. Once there hungry they will eat. When it's 10F out you don't eat as much as you would when it's 90F. He'll eat eventually but you should also raise the temperature, at least to 82. But I would move the guppies, endlers, and cherry shrimp. Unless you have another tank for him that would be better (therefore you wouldn't have to move all the others).

On 2/1/2021 at 10:43 PM, Brad G said:

Ok thanks, he’s going to be going into a 55 gallon with warmer water once it’s cycled. It should hopefully be with a week or so. Hopefully he can deal with the cooler water at moment. Ok, thanks I figured it was probably that, was just making sure.

If you want him to do well I'd suggest getting him into warmer water now.  I suspect the other fish will do better at 82° than the ram will at 78°.

• Like 1