Old Oscarfish.com Message Board

PatO

A message board I belonged to for years and years before it finally met its end was Oscarfish.com . Any members on this forum former members of that board. Id love to reconnect with some of those folks if I could. Lots of great people and some characters to boot. A gentleman that went by Kmuda who hailed from Arkansas is one of the few people I have ever experienced in the fish keeping world whose overall fish knowledge is comparable to Cory.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 4:41 PM, PatO said:

A message board I belonged to for years and years before it finally met its end was Oscarfish.com . Any members on this forum former members of that board. Id love to reconnect with some of those folks if I could. Lots of great people and some characters to boot. A gentleman that went by Kmuda who hailed from Arkansas is one of the few people I have ever experienced in the fish keeping world whose overall fish knowledge is comparable to Cory.

from Arkansas you say I'm in Arkansas I might have met him/her in one of our 2 freshwater lfs

• 4 weeks later...

That is so cool. That is absolutely him. I never knew his name was Vince. Kmuda is an absolute treasure trove of fish keeping knowledge. He experimented all time with his tanks to further his knowledge of the hobby so he can pass it onto others. He made everyone on that site a better fishkeeper. I really miss that board. So many great people and some real characters as well. If you get a chance to meet/talk to him, maybe get him to create an ID here. He truly was Cory before there was a Cory from aquarium coop.

15 hours ago, PatO said:

That is so cool. That is absolutely him. I never knew his name was Vince. Kmuda is an absolute treasure trove of fish keeping knowledge. He experimented all time with his tanks to further his knowledge of the hobby so he can pass it onto others. He made everyone on that site a better fishkeeper. I really miss that board. So many great people and some real characters as well. If you get a chance to meet/talk to him, maybe get him to create an ID here. He truly was Cory before there was a Cory from aquarium coop.

sadly the forum is mostly inactive. So if I meet him in person I will ask him to join.

30 minutes ago, Aubrey said:

I'm probably going to have a Buffalo River tank someday as well. I grew up about a mile from the Pruitt  access. It would be pretty neat to see this guy's stuff.

what can you find in the buffalo river. I mean fish that would do well in a normal native aquarium

2 hours ago, Aubrey said:

@quirkylemon103I've never kept a true native tank, but I'd probably try some southern red belly dace, dusky stripe shiners, ozark minnows, and rainbow or ozark darters. They aren't just in the Buffalo, but they can be found around that region.

so I was looking through the native fish section on the nwaas forum and someone caught a orangethroat darter in a creek less than 5 minutes away from my house

image.jpeg.8cbe5f60c5e595d12fff902b57bc2efd.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, quirkylemon103 said:

someone caught a orangethroat darter in a creek less than 5 minutes away from my house

I was searching through my fishes of Arkansas book for orangethroat darters and came across the information that it is a clade. My Peterson's field guide backed this up. Anyway I just thought that was interesting. Last fall I decided to get into life listing and microfishing, and I am not looking forward to trying to identify darters.

20210303_125109.jpg.6a72d3bf921faec6208ea07c0fc6f880.jpg20210303_125010.jpg.c98478ea3a72011d39d833d6e89cbcb9.jpg20210303_124943.jpg.8938b8c90d109d5d87ebf76bc7f42418.jpg20210303_124545.jpg.20ce670b747a3a13819e2c173eee4011.jpg20210303_124839.jpg.f94e6d7024150cfc2554af6db47140f5.jpg

• Like 1