MAGNETIC ALGAE GLASS CLEANER + IMPROVED + ​🧽​

DaveSamsell

I am a big fan of the Co-OP's "Fine Poly Pads".  They work great for me in my HOB filters and the following way:

After having a few magnetic glass cleaners & their internal pads wearing out, prematurely; I thought there has to be an easier way.   

What I have been doing for quite some time is using a slightly over-sized piece of the fine poly pads (to be used on the internal/water side of the aquarium glass for easy bio-film & mild to moderate algae removal.  

Purposely, I would make the pad about 3/4" larger, all around.  This buffer helps prevent cleaning too aggressively near those sensitive silicone seams, as well.  

There is  some reduction in "magnetic hold", but the surface area of the poly pad really does a nice job in cleaning.  Plus, they are reusable with a little rising out in the sink.   Actually, have found this to work better for me than the original cleaner design.  

Melamine sponges work great as well, but am partial to the durability of the poly pads.  

IMG_0991.JPG.5b5eb70d69d972b99748598787fbc3ab.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG.e9d327a8ca835f5f519ed9a099632969.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG.8e24c66f0e100554121ed1f5eaf4b83b.JPG

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaveSamsell said:

What I have been doing for quite some time is using a slightly over-sized piece of the fine poly pads (to be used on the internal/water side of the aquarium glass for easy bio-film & mild to moderate algae removal.  

Purposely, I would make the pad about 3/4" larger, all around.  This buffer helps prevent cleaning too aggressively near those sensitive silicone seams, as well.  

There is  some reduction in "magnetic hold", but the surface area of the poly pad really does a nice job in cleaning.  Plus, they are reusable with a little rising out in the sink.   Actually, have found this to work better for me than the original cleaner design

Very cool idea! Thanks for sharing. 

• Thanks 1