I found quite a few fry tonight from this pair. I used @Dean’s Fishroomtip of siphoning them up with airline tubing. I used the black co-op airline tubing. The water color and particles in the water is from a peat pellet, to add tannins to the water. 

20200824_182845.jpg

Edited by MickS77
Photo looked blurry, still blurry idk
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Kim Esbye Blomberg said:

Wow they are tiny.

I am trying to breed Zebra danios as my first try at egg scatterers.

I accidentally bred zebra danios years ago.  Like now, I was using an under-gravel filter and the eggs were drawn down into the gravel.  When I gravel vacced, I noticed little black fry clinging to the sides of my orange bucket.  

Based on that experience, I think I'd try a breeding tank with a marble substrate.  But I'm sure there are lots of ways to do it.  Pictures when you raise them please!  I love zebra danios.

Edited by ForestJenn
Posting with the kindle means fixing too many auto corrects
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ForestJenn said:

I accidentally bred zebra danios years ago.  Like now, I was using an under-gravel filter and the eggs were drawn down into the gravel.  When I gravel vacced, I noticed little black fry clinging to the sides of my orange bucket.  

Based on that experience, I think I'd try a breeding tank with a marble substrate.  But I'm sure there are lots of ways to do it.  Pictures when you raise them please!  I love zebra danios.

I am trying a setup of a breeding net in an empty tank. 
The thought is that the eggs will fall to the bottom, and be easier to notice, while the adult fish wont be able to eat them.

I can recommend this source of information to people interested in breeding zebrafish: 

https://youtu.be/HrQHv5RLl0k

After work today, i will have another go at it. I will take some pictures and post them here on this Forum.

@MickS77 is it ok if i post them here in your thread?

Edited by Kim Esbye Blomberg

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You must be a proud papa.

I am actually. I originally got a dozen of these earlier in the summer but lost most of them in quarantine. I only had one big female and two males remaining which I was able to spawn all these from. 

• Like 1

As much as I like the original fish I obtain, the next generation is always special. They have grown under my system and are adapted to it (since they grew up). They eat the food I can find and in general are even healthier than the parents. And usually there are so many more of them than the original fish.