Albino Corydora conundrum

Mauricio

Hello, I live in Phoenix, Arizona and have been a hobbyist since January of 2018. I currently am maintaining 10 tanks and have been doing so for about that 3 years. I have been trying to keep and even breed albino Corydoras several times but they seem to be dying on me for some reason. Majority of my tanks have eco complete are are planted. Water volume of the tanks which I’ve had these fish ranges from 10-75 gallons. Right now I am about to finish up my college career but water changes have been about every 1-1.5 weeks pretty consistently. I need to admit that i have not been great at documentation that water change schedule or when I feed ( i try feeding once every other day normally). Recently I have had one die on me and this is my 5th try keeping them out of about 5 over the past year.

Extra info:{Time number 1 and 2 I did not quarantine the fish, I had not gotten into doing that just yet.After that, I took advice from Joel (COrvus oscen) and reserved a 10 gallon tank just for medicating and quarantining fish. I use the med trio once and dont feed for that week. After that week, I add the fish to a bigger tank. Try 3 and probably 4, they would die in quarantine. I recall my last try at keeping them, i fed them for the first week and then started the trio. They still died on me}

As far as this recent time, I became a little confused because in the 10 gallon where I kept 2 larger albino Corydora,  I remember doing a water change on a tank next to it on Thursday night and i fed this little ten gallon. This tank was originally intended for growing plants but i eventually threw in a single female guppy and when I bought these corys about 2 weeks ago, i put them in since it was self-admittedly an impulse buy. I decided I was not going to med this tank which has a aqua clear 30 on it. I did change water as i drip acclimated the fish and then added them in. Being so light of a load, I left the water change again for the next week (last week). However, fast forward, on Friday night (yesterday) as I was checking on the tanks I saw one Cory dead. What shocked me was that I saw fry along with that female guppy in this tank. I immediately removed the deceased Cory whom I just fed the night before and did a water change. Before doing so, I did check parameters. I will attach a picture to this post for reference on levels. I noticed the other COry still alive was swimming around as I perceive as normal; looking for food. I am at work at the moment and this has been bothering me all day since I don’t want to lose the last Cory I have. 

I hypothesize that i am not satisfying needs for these fish in my hard, Arizona water. I was wondering if anyone had tips on what I may be doing wrong. I am even willing to get into RO water and remineralizing from there if it needs to be the case. I have sourced these fish from 3 separate locations and put them in 10 gal, 40 gal, 75 gal and usually in groups of three or more. I know i can improve on monitoring and evaluating water parameters but every other tank seems to be doing just fine. NOt necessarily thriving even with the guppies but everyone tends to stay alive for the most part and happy to eat. I feed sinking wafers for the corys but also flake food for the midswimming fish. Please give me some tips or feedback if you can.🤔

Tank in pics is a 10 gallon with an Aquaclear 30. Water changes roughly every week and feed every other day. No heater, room temp about 77 as with all my tanks. Eco-complete with accidental mix of dirt in this specific tank. Use tap water for water changes which is like liquid rock.

03388D84-8F83-4670-98C1-F412EFC9F76C.jpeg

E5B195C8-4DE4-46D1-849D-222FE72D9E50.jpeg

E0DEF560-EE18-437B-B9AA-98030306844A.jpeg

• 5 months later...