Hi from Utah

Just saying hi! I’m a long time fish keeper and only started my fishroom about 5-6 years ago. 
Previously I was breeding bettas, guppies, and saltwater clownfish. I tore it out last year, sold all my freshwater stuff off (except my goldfish) and focused on saltwater for a while. 
I soon got too tired of saltwater and in April started building my fishroom back up with freshwater. I’m focusing on dwarf cichlids, plecos, live bearers, medaka rice fish, killies, and top view goldfish (currently wakins and top view ranchu). 

-Ian 

• Like 5

Right now I’ve got breeding pairs of pitch black rams and Orange Flash cacatuoides. I’m looking at a few other species to add but I’m taking my time choosing since we have such awful water here and I don’t like running RO so much. Any suggestions on species? I’m always up for suggestions. 

4 hours ago, Dammiguessaqua said:

Sounds good to hear that other people also keep black rams and medakas in there fish room. What type of rice fish do you have?? 

I’m keeping orange, gold, and platinum white. Hoping to add a few more varieties once I perfect my systems. I’m only seeing a handful of fry at a time since I’m not pulling mops fast enough. 

Edited by Wasatchaquatics
  • Like 1