Snow White Bristlenose

Jopinga206

• Administrators

They've been around for the past 10+ years really. Typically they come out of normal albino spawns. Some people try and work with them to make a white bristlenose. This usually leads to being inbred and in general they can have poor eye site like albino guppies and such. I'd imagine some day they'll exist and be more robust, but the average consumer just thinks they are albino and they don't have the appeal of a super red or green dragon and take the same work.

Interesting.. that makes a lot of sense. Although, these are distinctly solid white. Almost non-mistakable (is that a word?). He imports them from Germany. But yeah, I could see how the average consumer would mistake them for regular albino. The ol' grandma test. Maybe I'll pass for now, but still a beautiful pleco we don't see everyday.

Thanks!

Edited by Jopinga206

• 1 year later...
On 1/30/2021 at 1:29 PM, Jopinga206 said:

Hey guys, I live in the Seattle area. I recently found some snow white bristlenose plecos from a neighbor and I'm getting ready to buy a dozen to start a breeding project. Has anyone worked with these? He says they seem to die really easy? 

Joe

Hi, I know the post a bit old, but do you mind giving the contact and name of the neighbor with the snow white plecos?  I want to reach to him and see if can get some.