ZISS BREEDER BL-3T or ZISS EGG TUMBLER for corydoras eggs

KConnelly

Yeah they are multi-purpose I actually transported a shell dweller hitchhiker back to my local fish store in the tumbler.. It was virtually liquid tight and fit my cup holder perfectly. haha.

One other time I used it to transfer fry to my mom's house the same way but that time I used it to acclimate them the water and temperature with a really slow air feed.

Edited by s1_

Thank you both for the insight! Getting both may be on the pricey side but after watching and reading multiple reviews I’m definitely going to get both. I’m looking forward to the project, plus the sight of fry never gets old personally! Lol. Thanks again @s1_ and @cory !!!

• Like 1

If using the egg tumbler for something like cory eggs, would you still potentially medicate with methalane blue or hydrogen peroxide to fight fungus or would you not since it sits in your tank?  

I guess it would depend on of the water in the egg tumbler mixed with the tank or not?  And if the tumbling motion is in lieu of fungus medication.  I clearly am new to these types of products so am open to any info.  

Not positive @ryan s. But I would think you wouldn’t need to because of the constant flow you would receive from the egg tumbler itself. But could you set that tumbler up in a separate tank (quarantine tank) then use methylene blue in the water? Perhaps. I say quarantine tank because I believe methylene blue will kill beneficial bacteria if you were to try using it in your show tank 

• Like 1

I usually set the flow to keep the eggs from gathering together, this seems to stop any rot from spreading if you have some bad eggs.

I have also used a tiny bit of meth blue in a container that I use to harvest the eggs. I have filled the tumbler with this but it very quickly gets cycled out when put in the tank.

• 5 months later...