MY ANUBIAS IS TURNING BROWN!!!!

AaronSM

I have had my anubias for about over a week now and latly, they have been slowly turning brown, at first it was tiny spots but now its almost a reddish brown color as u can see from the, does anyone know the cause and what I can do about it?

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-29 at 10.25.05 AM.jpeg

yes so i do not know if its algae but ill see if it can be rubbed off. I turn on all my lights at around 8 am and turn it off at around 8 as well so 12 hours. Maybe i should lower the light's brightness or just lower the time? 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, these are low light plants and they don’t need that much. Especially if you have a strong light

out of curiosity, is the rhizome glued to a rock or something? Too much glue on the rhizome can cause some die back. When you get a chance squeeze the rhizome carefully and make sure it’s not soft. If the rhizome is rotting you may lose the plant. Is that one leaf turning yellow?

I would spend $15 on an outlet timer at Walmart or Target and set it for 6-8 hours. If it is diatom it’s going to go away eventually, but with that much light you will end up with another kind. 

ok ill but the brightness of the light lower and ill put it for like 8 or 7 hours. And I got the plant with that one leaf yellow so I don't think that was my fault. I used the superglue gel and the rizhome is not soft at all so im assuming its fine. Hopefully it will look good in a couple of weeks

• Like 1