Version Upgrade

Cory

• Administrators

The latest version of the forum released yesterday. Being that we are at the beginning of this forum, I thought it was best to get that upgrade out of the way. I have a few things to fix like the thumbnails for topics that I will get too as soon as support gets back to me.

Thanks,

Cory

I can tell things are slightly rearranged.

• Each topic has sidebars for Photos, popular posts, contributors, etc.
  • Notation in subsequent posts that the respondent is the author of the original post that created the topic
  • Long quotations are truncated with an option to fully expand the quote
  • The talk bubble icon has a single talk bubble for a follow-up post and 2 talk bubbles for an original post in the activity list
  • The new notification indicator is now green instead of red
  • New badges on the profile photo of the poster that indicates status, i.e. 'Adminstrator', 'New Member'.
  • As per Wesley below in theme ACO2 the Content Count / Joined / Days Won is white text on a white background and therefore invisible

You must be preparing for a general release?

Edited by Daniel

Thanks Cory, here's a bug for you:

The little pop-up menu behind the three dots is being overlaid by some of the design elements on the page:

1. If you are scrolled too low, the little pop-up menu is cut off:

image.png.b3823c438efc5ed824989c652211e534.png

2. If you are scrolled high enough, the pop-up menu is cut off by the right edge of the page boundary.

image.png.eb77e9c0188518e7cf6f80ceb922e9f4.png

I should point out that I am using Chrome on a Windows PC.

Great stuff all around!

Bill

Edited by Bill Smith
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Sunny Doan said:

I can't seem to post any new topics. It says I need to add a title. And I did but for some reason it deletes it after every time i try to submit it

I believe you have to make like 10 posts before you can make topics. This is to keep spammers away.

Just now, Cory said:

I believe you have to make like 10 posts before you can make topics. This is to keep spammers away.

I couldn't set a new topic either. It's like the forum is down, or something. I've tried all morning to make a new post. I've done them before, so I know it's not the above mentioned setting.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:33 PM, Cory said:

Some other services on the internet are reporting outages as well. I believe this may be a bigger software backbone problem and I'll see if this clears up by tonight. 

I'm still unable to post a new topic under the General Discussion thread. It tells me to add a title & a body to the post. Obviously, I'd already done that before I submitted it. Any ideas what is wrong?  Is it something I'm doing? 

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, akconklin said:

I'm still unable to post a new topic under the General Discussion thread. It tells me to add a title & a body to the post. Obviously, I'd already done that before I submitted it. Any ideas what is wrong?  Is it something I'm doing? 

It's not specific to you. I've reached out to the software people, and my devs. No one has found the cause yet. 

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think switching to the ACO2 Theme has fixed this for some people.

I decided to try your idea, @Daniel, but I was already on ACO2 by default.  I switched to ACO, and it allowed me to ask my lighting timer question in the General Discussion.  I'll have to try the same things at home to put in some pictures of my theme tank!