First planted tank up and running!

Martin

Thank you guys so much for the help and advice!  My first tank is up and running!  Fingers crossed!  If things go well, I'll have some shrimp, a couple of nerites, and a small school of tetras in a couple weeks.

Planted Tank 1.29.21.jpg

Edited by Martin
  • Like 12

I don't know if you've done this already...but the Static Cling Total Blackout Window Film is SO legit for a black background.  You just cut to size, spray the back of your tank with water and squeegee it on!  

I love your Windelov java fern (I'm obsessed with the stuff!)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Betsy said:

I don't know if you've done this already...but the Static Cling Total Blackout Window Film is SO legit for a black background.  You just cut to size, spray the back of your tank with water and squeegee it on! 

I agree with Betsy. Love the static cling blackout. I used it on 2 setups now. Nice thing is if you ever change your mind you just pull it off plus no harsh paint smells. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

@Betsy, that sounds like a smooth solution.

I definitely picked that trick up from a Simply Betta video on the YouTubes!  (I think she picked up the tip from Jadren Aquatics.)  

That's the black background I used on my tank - it was really easy to install!

• Like 1

@Martin - I'm so excited that you went for it!!  The only thing is, when you apply it...make sure there are no dog or cat hairs around!  I definitely have a dog hair trapped in mine...but I'm too lazy to peel it off and reapply! 🤣😅

Edited by Betsy
The @ didn't @ the first time! Haha!
  • Like 1

Hey guys!

@Betsy, the blackout paper worked GREAT!  Thank you!  I love that it helps camouflage my giant heater. 

@Hobbit, an updated photo as requested!

I ended up moving my apongeton a little as that thing is getting HUGE.  I read that it gets big, but the rate of growth is crazy!  It went from about 2" from the bulb up to about a foot in 3 weeks or so.  😲

Thanks so much for the support and fantastic advice!

20210211_103229.jpg

Edited by Martin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1