Newbie here from across the pond!

Hi everyone! I’m from London and I’ve been in the hobby for some time now and I’ve gone through different setups. I’ve had nano tanks, community tanks & breeder set ups etc! 

I’m going through the process of setting up my new 144L shallow tank & I should be taking delivery of my 310L in a few weeks. Both custom!👀 I’ll be building my own stands for the very first time and I’ll be using my tap water for the first time too!

London typically has hard water & high nitrates. It should work out great for my Cichlids once I get them! Currently, I’m running a 112L Community Tank. Tank inhabitants include Red Lizard Whiptails, Silvertip Tetras & more.

I hope to learn a lot about the hobby on here & also teach as much as I can too 🙂

Thank you!😎

D024B77A-1919-4665-9F4F-F71A21D14FAB.jpeg

CEC91D9F-361C-4332-AF57-F3E4CA818F2B.jpeg

C38CEE8E-5DED-4F55-9E12-F82BAC3993CB.jpeg

Edited by HardeepTheLondoner
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, morphy1701 said:

Beautiful tank! I'm in Florida so same water: hard and nitrates. But easily manageable and the fish are fine, but planted tanks are hard. So I got lotsa plastic! But it still looks good and the fish and snails are happy!

Welcome!

5 hours ago, morphy1701 said:

Beautiful tank! I'm in Florida so same water: hard and nitrates. But easily manageable and the fish are fine, but planted tanks are hard. So I got lotsa plastic! But it still looks good and the fish and snails are happy!

Welcome!

Thank you! I had been using RO water for my soft water fish/planted tanks up until now. However, with the move to hard water species I’m moving over to tap!

I’m happy to be here! 🙂

3 minutes ago, HardeepTheLondoner said:

Thank you! It was a custom build for my birthday 🙂

My mind has changed more times than I can count for stocking it! I’m thinking African Cichlids at the minute😉

Very nice! That's a hell of a gift. Getting a custom tank seems so next level to me. I'd love to get one made for me one day. I have too many dimensions running through my head though. Lol.

Thinking of different stocking ideas is part of the fun! Don't rush it. Enjoy setting that bad boy up. Good luck with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OceanTruth said:

Very nice! That's a hell of a gift. Getting a custom tank seems so next level to me. I'd love to get one made for me one day. I have too many dimensions running through my head though. Lol.

Thinking of different stocking ideas is part of the fun! Don't rush it. Enjoy setting that bad boy up. Good luck with it.

It was for my 21st! My parents gave me the cash, I chose to spend on a tank!😂 To be honest I mainly went custom because of clarity & dimensions. It’s optiwhite glass, so as good as it gets (No acrylic for me!)

I even considered a Reef tank for a brief moment then I reminded myself of the upkeep😂

Thank you!