Bolivian Rams Eggs

Frosty.R

Hi, all from the forum,

Needing some advice as my Bolivian Ram laid eggs on the base of the tanks driftwood less than 20 minutes ago, It's the first time seeing the eggs so I'm not sure if they have been moving the eggs around the tank within the last couple of days or what - I didn't even notice any signs she (Queen Elizabeth) was pregnant 🤨

My question is as this will be my first time taking care of the fry, will my Bristlenose Catfish eat the eggs? Or will the Rams eat them?

Will I need to remove them somewhere safe?

I currently do not have any spare tanks until I purchase another one tomorrow......im freaking out 🥴

990B3C48-8474-4141-939A-A3533BECFCD9.jpeg

Are these Rams/Pleco in a community tank or is it just Rams and the Pleco in a breeder tank?

Typically, Bolivian Rams will pick on the eggs and fry which is deemed the weakest of the bunch. 

If this is your first spawn of eggs, I’d leave the eggs in the tank with the fish and see how things go. If you intend on raising Rams up from fry, I’d go ahead and buy that tank tomorrow.

I’d then set it up real simple so you can house your Rams in there and let them they lay the eggs. I’d then return the Rams back to their initial tank and raise the fry separately.

Hope this helps😎

@HardeepTheLondoner

Hi,

Yes both the plecos and Rams are in the same tank.

I did do some research last night on the whole process so I'm a little more confident.

I'll definitely be getting that new tank today for the fry, the male and female are still taking turns at fanning the eggs but have not seen any colour change as they are still white.

Thank you for replying.

1 hour ago, Frosty.R said:

@HardeepTheLondoner

Hi,

Yes both the plecos and Rams are in the same tank.

I did do some research last night on the whole process so I'm a little more confident.

I'll definitely be getting that new tank today for the fry, the male and female are still taking turns at fanning the eggs but have not seen any colour change as they are still white.

Thank you for replying.

You’re welcome! I hope it works out 🙂