livebearers dropping one at a time?

SWilson

Can a female endler drop babies one at a time?  I have had a female endler for a month, she's been very pregnant most of that time.  We've been waiting for her to give birth, but haven't seen it yet.  Meanwhile she keeps getting bigger and bigger.  I was sitting here on a work call just now and looked over at my tank, and spotted one single, very little baby fry.  Momma looks the same.  The other female I got at the same time also did arrive pregrant but is much earlier in the gestation period.  And there's no one else in the tank who could be mom. 

Or maybe she had all her babies when we weren't observing and this is the lone survivor?  Would you be able to tell from looking at the female whether she had already given birth or not? 

4 hours ago, SWilson said:

I was sitting here on a work call just now and looked over at my tank, and spotted one single, very little baby fry.  Momma looks the same.

She'll probably drop a more. You may need to look closely. I think they usually drop a bunch within a pretty narrow window. Sometimes lights off will calm and stimulate a fry drop. Maybe add more floating plants to the top for fry to hide. Riccia, hornwort, etc. all work fine.