Salvinia issues

How are all the other plants,    once i didnt do water change for a while thinking ahh the plants will handle it,  and all started to suffer yellowing and roots dying off.  I believe cory has said sometimes nitrates can get to high with macros not being their and eventually the plants nutrient lock. So even though theres alot of nitrogen with out the others it cant use it. Maybe water changes might help them balance a little more.     Or im completly wrong and you just need more ferts..

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

How are all the other plants,    once i didnt do water change for a while thinking ahh the plants will handle it,  and all started to suffer yellowing and roots dying off.  I believe cory has said sometimes nitrates can get to high with macros not being their and eventually the plants nutrient lock. So even though theres alot of nitrogen with out the others it cant use it. Maybe water changes might help them balance a little more.     Or im completly wrong and you just need more ferts..

@TaylorI think you are right. That pic was taken right before the first water change in 2 weeks. I don't change a lot of water either since I have shrimp and I try to avoid the white ring of death. So nitrates would be the usual suspect here? The other plants are fine, by the way and I never used fertilizers in this tank.

Edited by Julien86