Ich - Won't clear up

Drenon88

I'm having a very hard time getting the Ich to clear on these Emerald Dwarf Rasboras! Today will be the 17th day in a row that I do a 1/3 water change and add 5ml of Ich-X to the 10g quarantine tank. They honestly don't look any better today than they did 2-weeks ago. Unfortunately one of them was dead and stuck to the filter inlet this morning and it was one that didn't even have any spots on it.

Should I stick with it or are their any concerns about dosing for this long?

File_002.jpg.d3f1df38531a60fc284d269205d44eb4.jpg119113141_File_001(2).jpg.77cdead7ad8343419c2aa26fe7cd6f71.jpg868826855_File_000(3).jpg.dfedfab2e34349fab98a526ff0103fd9.jpg

As man... very sorry to hear!

Raiding Temperature up a notch moves Ich through its life cycle. 

Loooking at your photos... might be an Ich look-alike? If you’re really wanting to throw the kitchen sink, might try General Cure + Ich-X + Eythromycin. 

Given you’re changing water regularly, and this is a bare bottomed quarantine tank... there doesn’t seem to be places for the Ich tomites to hide (substrate, etc.) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Fish Folk. You reminded me that I forgot to mention the temperature - I have a lousy heater on this nursery tank but it does maintain temps between 81.4 and 82.1.

These fish are particularly shy and were hiding behind stem plants at the back of the tank and I could never see them. I actually noticed a couple of small white spots on a Gourami which caused me to investigate further - I moved all the fish to the nursery tank and was horrified when I saw how badly they were covered in bumps/spots. Just wanted to clarify. 

I also forgot to mention that I do have the Fritz ParaCleanse & Mardel Maracyn meds but I wasn't confident that it would be OK to use all three together. I believe I've read some conflicting opinions on this.

Looking at the pictures I don't think your deal with ich some have larger spots on back and lumps below mouth  I would stop treating with ich x start treatment with prazipro and maracyn it looks more  like  you could dealing with more than one thing gill flukes and secondary bacterial with the large lump and spot 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hard lesson learned. More dead fish this morning - I've lost about half now.

I suppose it's just a coincidence but the fish started dropping off rapidly after dosing with the Fritz ParaCleanse & Mardel Maracyn. I wish I was able to recognize that it wasn't Ich in the first place so I could have treated them properly from the beginning.

Thanks for all the input and support.

• Sad 1