Aquario Neo CO2 Diffuser

Hello!  I am a newbie with a 15 gallon well cycled planted tank, a couple of German Blue Rams, 5 cardinals, dwarf pleco and a couple of cory's  I am interested in setting up a CO2 diffuser and ordered the Aquario Neo CO2 Diffuser from Co-op.  Could not find any info whether I need anything other than tubing and an air pump.  So when I hooked it up after soaking for 15 minutes in water, nothing happened.  Think I am missing something!  Forgive me of my ignorance!  I Googled and saw that Amazon offered a kit that had a jelly like substance.  Is this what I am missing? 

Thank you for your kindness and knowledge!

-Deborah

Edited by deborah
incorrect grammar and punctuation error

The co2 diffuser is supposed to be use with a co2 injection system wether it be you buy a co2 tank with a regulator or diy co2 where you mix citric acid and baking soda in soda bottles.

The reason why your air pump might not be pushing air out is because it usually requires a higher pressure to push through ceramic disc. Since you have an air pump, maybe try just using an air stone. the gaseous exchange will be a good benefit for your tank, it will be nothing like passive co2 or high pressure co2 injection but it still has its use.

I'm not to sure what you are referring to as the jelly substance, but I'm assuming you aren't intending to buy a co2 tank or co2 kits. If you are actually looking into setting up a co2 system please correct me.

20 hours ago, deborah said:

I Googled and saw that Amazon offered a kit that had a jelly like substance.  Is this what I am missing? 

You are referring to a semi DIY kit that is available, has a jelly like substance that you add water and some yeast to that makes co2. 

Amazon.com : Neo CO2, Aquarium DIY add Co2 Diffuser : Pet Supplies