Exadon paradoxus

Squeegee79

So, I have a plan to build a rack in the next few months that will hold a 75 gallon tank as the center piece. I am hoping to have some fish in there that will do my culling for me. I would love to fill it with Exadon paradoxus, but was curious if they will bother other mid sized predators....specifically butterfly fish. I am thinking the fins on the butterfly might just be too enticing for them.

Thanks!

Hi there!

Exodons absolutely will eat butterfly fish. They can become ferocious little hunters in a pack - and they do like to be in a same species group. They can and will take out fish larger than themselves. I've watched them take out full grown angel fish and red tail sharks. I've watched them take out 10" goldfish. So size means little to them. In a group, they get hungry and they will take out large targets. A larger pleco MIGHT be able to make it with them due to their thick scales. Or the exodons may go after the fins and eyes. Hard to say. I never put one in with mine to find out. They lived in a species only tank.