FishTube - Who Have You Been Watching

Ben_RF

Who have you been enjoying lately or recently found on Youtube in regards to the aquarium hobby?  Share below!  Bonus imaginary points for upcoming Fishtubers 🙂

Someone I have been enjoying that I recently found has been the The Guppy Guru.  I found his channel about a month ago, and it looks like he has been around for about a year. So far his videos have been very positive, solid, and informational.  Obviously, by his name, he seems to focus in on guppies a lot but not exclusively. He seems to produce content fairly regularly, so that's a plus. 

Here is a link to his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGc0kZJKzwlqFSlOdUfCNw

So all y'all fine folk 🙂 Who have you been enjoying lately? And have you found any potential up and coming fishtube stars? Share below. 

• Like 1

I subscribe to:

Aquarium Co-Op and the More channel

KGTropicals

Bentley Pascoe

Steenfott

Aquapros

Girl Talks Fish

Fish for Thought

King of DIY

I end up seeing more channels in my recommended but haven't yet subscribed -- mostly just the time factor, but I do find myself watching videos from relatively unknown channels and enjoying them a lot. I love when I find a video with like 6 views that ends up solving a major problem I had.

• Like 1

@Ben_RF,  I do enjoy a wide variety of channels.  Way too many to list.  From the amateur folks with just a few aquariums to the highly polished, larger channels. 

It's beneficial to gather information from a wide source, IMO.

With the 'internet age' here, remember those things with covers and pages inside; they are called books, lol.  📚

It's refreshing for me just to do some reading on the fish hobby or whatever else might be interesting, for a change at times.

• Like 1

I have 76 channels on my subscribed list, 8 of which are not fish related...LOL, so I won't list them all, but most of them are Co-Op ambassadors, like Wel-don, Guppy Guru, KG Tropicals, Fish Room Fever and Chattanooga Ed.

Corvus Oscen and Bentley Pascoe are in my top 10 too.

I have to say I really enjoy the entire Fishtuber community. I haven't met a single person I didn't like yet. It has only been about three months though...

It's cool to jump into a live stream and see so many names you recognize and get so many "Hey Riko!"s from a lot of different people.

{EDIT} Obviously Aquarium Co-Op is in there...

I have learned so much from a lot of the channels, but I think I have the most fun on the Fish Room Fever/Chattanooga Ed's streams. They are geeky goofs, just like me. 

{EDIT #2}

@StephenP2003's post reminded me... I really enjoy Girl Talks Fish too. I have a little non-creepy crush on Irene. She is just so pleasant to watch and listen to and she knows her stuff.

I'm, going to stop editing now. I bet I could keep going on naming specific channels, but I'd end up leaving out somebody i really like, I know it.

Edited by Rikostan
  • Like 2

Lots of great channels, I'll definitely check back to this thread for recommendations. My list has some of the popular ones mentioned above. For filter related topics I recommend Pondguru and Ben Ochart. Have not heard of guppy guru but will check it out. Recently I've been watching some of Fish Boy's vids... for some reason I really like his fish room.

Edited by Bill
  • Like 1

Recently Fish Boy for his clean fish room and the types of fish he is keeping.

Not an aquarium channel, but I just found a fishing YouTuber called Extreme Philly Fishing. I like his channel because he seems to be rather educational about identifying wild fish and shows respect to the fish he catches as well using their scientific names, all while being enthusiastic and entertaining without sensationalizing too much. He also fishes for tiny fish not just big trophy fish.

One more, EVNautilus. I don't keep saltwater fish but what is lurking below the sea is fascinating to me. I really enjoy the suspense of what could show up on the submarine drone at anytime.

Edited by Aubrey
  • Like 1

Co-Op videos are my favorites, but I like the following non-Co-Op video channels for regular content: Wel-Don Tanks, Guppy Guru, Girl Talks Fish, KGTropicals, Bentley Pascoe, Steenfott, Because Your Fish, and the Dan's Fish weekly livestream.

I love that so many of these folks are getting support from the Co-Op. 

• Like 1

I definitely go through phases. I may really like someone, but get burnt out of their content or style. Generally, I focus on another channel or two for awhile, but eventually I will come back.

The biggest thing I like about the Co-op (pre-Covid), is the variety. Some channels have great quality and information, but it is a hobby, they don't get to visit far away fish farms and do such unique things. I think that is why I continue to enjoy Ryo Watanabe, varied content, but it also great seeing the hobby on the other side of the world.

• Like 1

I watch booth CoOp channels, Primetime Aquatics, KGTropicals, Steenfott Aquatics, Dustin's Fish Tanks, King of DIY, and Michael's Fish Room. I'm also subscribed to Deansfishroom and eagerly awaiting the day he starts releasing his own videos. 

Lately CoOp, Steenfott and Dustin's have been my most watched. 

• Administrators

The channel I actually watch the most, which isn't saying a lot cause I rarely find time, is Tazawa's Tanks. I think it's because he does projects I don't do, with brackish and his editing style is different than others. I burn out on fish content easily as I have to create it. So I watch tech youtubers as my "outlet".

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 7:50 AM, Pete said:

Co-Op videos are my favorites, but I like the following non-Co-Op video channels for regular content: Wel-Don Tanks, Guppy Guru, Girl Talks Fish, KGTropicals, Bentley Pascoe, Steenfott, Because Your Fish, and the Dan's Fish weekly livestream.

Thanks Pete! means alot to know that the community is supporting all of us!

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 9:50 AM, Pete said:

That is something that has always impressed me with all the fishy channels.  It is not uncommon to see them plug each other's products and wearing each other's clothing line!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Ok. I'll play. 

FISH BREEDING

Aquarium Co-Op -- especially when breeders (e.g. Dean Tweedle) are featured teaching about breeding techniques, etc.

LRB Aquatics -- Lucas Bretz is one of the great fish wizards. Gandalf-approved! 

Girl Talks Fish -- Irene is a great teacher and interviewer. I keep watching and rewatching her conversations with fish breeders.

Chris 'The Mad Aquarist' Biggs -- Canadian humor, tons of experience, as long as he's talking about fish, all's well! 

Mark's Aquatics -- Dude loves a long video. It's fun to deep dive with Mark on some species.

White Cloud Dynasty -- Back-yard tubber + fishroom. Really amazing with breeding white clouds and other minnow-like fish.  

DISPLAY

Freshwatertanks -- very clean, neat displays and editing style. 

The Dave -- still camera work. High resolution. 

Jim Cumming -- because I could never keep such huge cichlids, but have a massive crush on them all . . .