Quarantine Tank and Fritz Zyme 7

Medkow74

I have an established QT that has been empty. I just added some new fish to it today and the SeaChem ammonia dot is at alert right now. API liquid test says .25 ppm. I also moved another sponge filter from a well established tank to the QT after seeing the ammonia reading. I added Fritz ACCR double dose as well. Would adding Fritz Zyme 7 to the tank help at all?

1 hour ago, David Ellsworth said:

just a word of caution. If you haven't done so already test your tap water too to make sure you are not water changing more ammonia into the tank. My water company has about 0.25 ammonia straight out of the tap. Always a good idea to test what is going into the tank to make sure. 

Just tested my tap water with the API liquid Ammonia kit and it's at 1ppm.

Just an update on my QT.

So Saturday I added the recommended dosage of Fritz ACCR and added another sponge filter from another tank. Then Sunday I went out and bought Fritz Zyme 7, two Anubus Nana, which I wanted anyway, good excuse and two moss balls, which just looked cool.

I added the recommended dosage of Fritz ACCR again and the "established aquarium" dosage of Fritz Zyme, crossed my fingers, went to bed and then work this morning.

Got home from work checked the Seachem Dot and did a Ammonia and Nitrite test with the API liquid kit and all looks great.

I didn't do the water change because I had just changed like 90% of it last week when it was empty and because of the Ammonia in the tap water. I know 1ppm of TAN isn't a lot and an established aquarium should be able to chew that up and spit it out but I didn't really have that confidence in my QT.

Thanks both of you for the help.