Build a Stand for a 45 bow front

Leo2o915

1 minute ago, Cory said:

I've seen people just build rectangle stands and put it on top, making it a bow front is skill intensive. Maybe look on craigslist for a used bowfront stand?

So a rectangle one should hold it fine or better off buying a used one ? 

11 hours ago, Leo2o915 said:

That’s what I am going to do just make it it rectangle 

Ive made 2 stands now and for me it was the way to go because i enjoy it and i already had all of the tools and materials available at home so it was basically free as well. If youre doing it just because you enjoy the project go for it but ive found you can actually find furniture on craigslist that can be repurposed into an aquarium stand for much cheaper and with much less effort. Also as a bonus most of these items i.e. a small dresser or entry table will usually have drawers/cabinets and storage already built in. Just food for thought. Either way i hope you end up with something that works well for you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sliceofnature said:

Ive made 2 stands now and for me it was the way to go because i enjoy it and i already had all of the tools and materials available at home so it was basically free as well. If youre doing it just because you enjoy the project go for it but ive found you can actually find furniture on craigslist that can be repurposed into an aquarium stand for much cheaper and with much less effort. Also as a bonus most of these items i.e. a small dresser or entry table will usually have drawers/cabinets and storage already built in. Just food for thought. Either way i hope you end up with something that works well for you.

Thank you the only thing about dressers you don’t know what it can and can’t hold unless it’s one of the old school dressers that can hold anything that’s different lol 

• Like 1