King betta with sparkling gourami?

If you try it do so cautiously. I've never tried it but bettas and sparkling gouramis are similar enough in appearance that it would not surprise me if a betta immediately attacked them. I don't think I would try it in a tank that small with no plant cover.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frost said:

If you try it do so cautiously. I've never tried it but bettas and sparkling gouramis are similar enough in appearance that it would not surprise me if a betta immediately attacked them. I don't think I would try it in a tank that small with no plant cover.

I second what Frost said. Not that it's impossible to keep together in a large enough tank with plenty of plants and decorations to break up line of sight. But in a small tank like that i would stick with one or the other as they are both territorial fish, and have been known to fight. 

not sure. Sparkiling gouramis in my opinion are the most peacful gouarmi. They aren't fin nippers. If I were to do it I would aclimate the sparkiling gourami in a breeder box/ net for a day so that the betta can get used to him. You can also observe what the betta is doing. I may proceed with caution. A bigger tank would help.

Edited by James Black
  • Like 1